<< Back to Blog



TIME FOR WRITING

Posted on September 17, 2011

You’re busy. I know that. We’re all busy; many of this sorry race of ours are just busy just keeping alive, but I’m assuming that if you’re reading this, you are blessed enough not be in that situation. Even so, writing is time-consuming, so where can you find the time?

The point about writing is that it is only 10% actually writing; the other 90% is thinking. You can think anywhere – on the bus, before you go to sleep at night, when you awake, on the toilet…

Use those moments to think about the plot, the characters, what you have just written, what you intend to write. The more you think about your story, the more realistic your created world will become.

Tags: realism, thinking about writing